Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

It's always fun to be something that you're not. This is why I like Halloween. Carte blanche to im- or ex- plicitly make fun of famous people is another staple of the holiday, and another reason why I like it.

So I don't understand the trend these days towards skipping Halloween. Can we ever really get too mature and responsible to don something ridiculous and drink bad spiked punch while wearing something unwieldly? I say no.

I know there are others out there who share my vision. So, if you dressed up this year, most likely on Saturday, when all the Halloweeny festivities seemed to happen, please send me a picture of you in your outfit. If you didn't dress up yet, there's still time tonight to make a sheet with two holes in it and run out into the streets during trick-or-treating time (which, in these days of rampant unease is about 3:00 in the afternoon). If you have no intention of getting in the Halloween spirit this year, you'd better have a good excuse, so I want to hear that too.

I recognize that some of us were busy this weekend doing things like having babies, but I have high hopes for the rest of you. Make me proud, people! Bonus points if you can guess my costume just by its top half, without its incriminating props.

Update: okay, Casson (cheatingly) guessed it. Here we are, props included:

9 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paris Hilton? JQ

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger scs said...

Good guess, jq. But I would have had to lose 50 pounds and even more of my dignity to pull off that skanky ho properly. Try again.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger huntsmanic said...

i was going to say that you're dressed as paris's friend from simple life, the one who goes around looking comatose and startled at the same time; but i don't think you would stretch things that far. and anyway you mentioned missing props, which, along with the shoulderless top, wig, and pleasantly glazed eyes, makes it clear that you are jenna jameson. a pre-"the passion of the christies," post-"i love lesbians 10" jenna jameson.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger scs said...

Oooh, that's a good guess too. Jenna is one of my role models. But no.

Here is prop clue #1: Cheetos.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger huntsmanic said...

cheetos! of course!

no, not really. did kate hudson eat cheetos in almost famous? cos you look like her too.

fyi, image googling for "blond, cheetos" gets you a lot of search results, not one of which you want to see.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger scs said...

I really like to see that dedication. For your efforts, you will be rewarded with Clue #2: Red bull.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger huntsmanic said...

god -- cheetos and redbull. who is that? it sounds like ryan rockwood.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Casson said...

All my Googles on Cheetos and Red Bull came up with Brittany Spears and Kevin Federline. Is that cheating? If it is then can I get EXTRA credit?

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger scs said...

I really shouldn't reward Googling, but yes, Casson, you win the Golden Ticket. Kudos to all for playing. Here we are (posted below) as Kevin and Britney, in all our trailer-trash glory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home