Friday, March 18, 2005

Tuckered

I am almost too exhausted today to say anything. I am recovering from a week of frantic amateur rehearsing, nerves (see post, below), overly speedy post-performance vodka tonics, dying my hair hot pink (just kidding), last weekend's roadtrip, next week's planetrip, my shock at this nice Boston weather, my attempts to herd four famous Joyce academics onto an experimental conference panel, keeping up with rapid fire tourney eliminations, trying not to blow an April 8th deadline for my first chapter draft, and reconciling the fact that my St. Patty's day celebrations last night consisted of opening an American Express bill and cleaning my room. (What happened to St. Patty's Day? The days of me gadding about Boston in inappropriately short skirts and bare legs on March 17 are over, I guess? At least until this weekend; we'll see how that goes.)

The performance on Wednesday was super fun and went well, thank you all who asked for asking. DVDs available for $9.95. (That's a joke, in case there was any kind of sliver of doubt. Although there is indeed a DVD.) Luckily my sister is a loud and supportive giggler, so she helped drum up good crowd response to my comic monologue. And I myself managed to conjure up some tear-filled eyes for the dramatic scene, which people commented on afterwards. So that was nice. Who knew crying easily would ever be listed as an asset.

Since I don't have a lot to say today, but yet feel the need to connect with y'all in an electronic, bloggy type way, the onus is on you to fill up the comment board for this post with pithy, witty tidbits from the recesses of your fresh and energetic little minds to make up for my lethargy and depletion. How 'bout it? Yeah, it's your turn. Go!

8 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought i'd add another supportive hee hee. you were really very good. :)

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger scs said...

Thank you Lydia! Happily, your laugh is infectious.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger scs said...

Okay, so far I'm VERY disappointed with the results of the interactive blog experiment. We need to do better. Where are all the comments? I'm expecting to hear at least a peep from each and every one of you loyal readers. (I know I have a few, right?) --sullivan

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger scs said...

Okay, I'll try again. This time I am going to give you all a topic in the form of a question: What is your favorite thing to do to celebrate an achievement/moment of success? Discuss.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Casson said...

Parades are good, or gloating. You can gloat in a parade but then it becomes some lame stylized gesture. Its better to gloat on the phone, especially if you're distracted. Sometimes its better to be distracted by some really cool parade on TV because you can gloat and watch the parade and not worry about missing key elements in the plot.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger scs said...

That's what I'm talking about--thank you Casson. Way to step up.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger joyandpain said...

Skip work and do nothing, maybe eat too much. This makes me sound like a fat ass. This is a good question. I think I may need a new celebration, although, sorry, Casson, I hate parades.

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, if I was with you, scs, I'd have to eat... of course. chocolate cake?
-loyal reader (private blog... that is: email... to follow!)
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home