Friday, December 16, 2005

In With the New

I always knew I would only do this blog for a year. It was one of those things I had always wanted to do (and by "always," I mean since about 2002, when I first heard about blogs), so last January I decided to start it up. Incredibly, that year is almost up; the days left in 2005 and in this blog are ticking by quickly, so if you have a burning desire to hear me wax profound (or inane) on a particular topic, now is definitely the time to put in your request. It's a "Last Dance" kind of moment. (Speaking of "Last Dance," I have to say that is the weirdest, most alienating song to play at the end of a wedding/prom/party type event that I can think of. It starts out slow and touchy-feely and then breaks into this jolting disco inferno style wackiness. Just a bad, bad song.)

2005 was a good year to try out a few other new things as well. If you don't know what they were, that just means you weren't paying enough attention to this blog and you missed the post about my lesbian kiss on the beach. Wait. No, that was the O.C. Well, I did get hooked on a LOT of new t.v. shows.

And I did take an acting class, and I joined the adolescent yet somehow fully absorbing world of fantasy basketball, and I taught at Harvard, and I played a convincing adult at several Irish lit conferences, and I worked on a (losing) local political campaign, and I learned how to cook with fennel, and I was on t.v., albeit on the worst channel ever, and I turned 30, and I learned that fluoride is slowly killing us all. (Damn, I won't have a chance to post about that. Just trust me on this and get a reverse-osmosis filter for your tap asap.) I enjoyed 2005, for the most part, and I really liked trying out a few new things.

I would like to hear if you tackled anything new this year, large or small. Please do write in if so--just make sure it wasn't anything too impressive so I don't feel dwarfed by your achievements. Only a few more days left to post your inner feelings...

22 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Desperate Last-Ditch Efforts

I am writing an impassioned plea to save "Oh, did I say that out loud," the blog that was fearing cancellation despite its superior comic writing, great casting, and all around greatness. Well, it's that time again, as Sara is threatening to cancel the blog (in fact, she all but has). There is a small, thin thread of hope however. The programming director has said she plans to put the blog on the web in December and "see what happens." Read IT, especially if you have a Nielsen box. In the meantime, please notify her of our plea to keep to blog alive!

Thanks,
A loyal fan (jq)

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dido that.
Love hearing about Sullivan and Sullivan's escapades.
SOS,
Anna

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes... please, please stay on the air, i mean, online

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger scs said...

You guys are adorable. I love the outpouring, I really do.

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara...Sara...Sara

It's been so long, yet seems like just yesterday you were waxing profoundly for my papers in English class. Guess not reading books kinda disqualifies me for your book club.

I've been a closet reader of your blog for several months, but have now decided to take a stand. The show must go on. How else am I supposed to cook my Thanksgiving dinner or find out which 12 fruits and veggies are going to kill me or understand the difference between Irish and Greek heroines or realize I still don't like baseball despite the bountiful and bloviating BoSox updates. (Sorry..I hate when politics just slips in like that.) :)

And, dammit, if January 3rd won't come any faster...my Scrubs withdrawls are getting wicked wicked.

So, I too, write an impassioned plea to save the best and only blog I have ever so impassionately admired. Please...Sara Claire...please...

West Coast Out.
JH

(P.S. What up JQ?!)

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JH - whats going on? Its been along time. What are you doing these days? JQ

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger scs said...

I am impressed by your impassioned plea, oh closet blog-reader, although I'm not exactly sure who you are. (My only guesses seem a little far-fetched.) So it's now time to stop hiding in the closet like R. Kelly and reveal your secret identity.

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

markhuntsman are you out there? JQ

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger scs said...

On second thought, is that you Nate Bailey? ("my closet blog-reader"?) Only Nate-in-'28 would use the word "bloviating" in a sentence.

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Close but no cigar, SCS... And please don't insult me like that!
NB is not equal to JH or JRH for that matter. (Go with the far-fetched) ;)

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon - great to hear from you. got your voicemail - will call you in the morning. Hope all is well. I understand you were in the neatherlands not too long ago. looking forward to catching up. give my best to jamie. JQ

PS - thanks for your support - my hope is the blog might get picked up for another 13 shows!

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger scs said...

I am now officially calling jq out on a vast, widespread conspiracy to impersonate old high school crushes as part of an ongoing effort to Save My Blog. I am mightily impressed by the noble effort, jq, I truly am. I know it is you. Or maybe Nate.

If, on the extremely unlikely other hand that it is truly jh, "jh" would be able to tell me some highly specialized information, such as for example exactly what we were doing in the swimming pool at Nate's house in 1992. And, no, this is not an inappropriate question for a married woman to ask. Gotcha there, jq.

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just floatin', Sara... :)
And I do believe that was in '93, close to graduation.

(Sorry to dissapoint your readers who probably thought your blog was going Rated R for better ratings.)

JH

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger scs said...

Jon? Is that really you? If not, jq is doing a marvelous job at impersonation, since he was not fooled by my "1992" trick question. Hmmmm. I'm not totally convinced yet, but I have to admit that was a compelling piece of evidence. This is more gripping than JFK, admit it, people.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger scs said...

Also, it's becoming quite clear that no one I know has tried ANYTHING new this year. (Thus the dearth of comments regarding the actual post.) No lesbian kisses...anybody?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Toddy said...

I am quitting this blog unless everyone drops the maddening intializing.
Say your name, loud and clear damnit.
Other than that, I like it.
I like it alot.

Todd John Stewart of the Hillsborough Stewarts

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger scs said...

Sorry TJS of the HS. And did you not try anything new this year? Why can I get no one to stay on topic. You all are like a classroom of rowdy 5th graders.

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is something new to try, SCS... Keep your blog going for another year. You've never tried that before, have you?

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger scs said...

Haha VERY clever, Anonymous.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger huntsmanic said...

well. now. this lil' corner has become one of my faves; i visit often, i love the way sully comments on her comments, etc, but my likes and dependencies are not the point. the point is that sullivansblog must go on or i will not get to hear her mental wrestlings as she transitions into hating johnny damon.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger huntsmanic said...

my friend recently got a kitten and named him cat damon.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger scs said...

I've hated Johnny Damon since he badmouthed his ex-wife and appeared on "Cribs." So hating him openly now is actually a relief. No new things this year for you either, huntsman?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home