Saturday, December 31, 2005

Notice RE: Death of the Blog

I have to say, I have been very impressed by the heartfelt, sincere, and sometimes whiny responses to the impending death of my blog. They have made me want to reconsider my decision. However, I am currently visiting my family in Whittier, where the following conditions apply:

1. I have caught a severe head cold and can't hear out of my right ear.

2. The region will be subjected to downpours for the next three days, i.e. the remainder of my trip to "Sunny California."

3. I am crushed and weakened by the steady diet of white flour, fast food, and Laffy Taffy that is the only sustenance available in the suburbs.

As a result of the aforesaid conditions, I find myself stripped of any decision-making capability. For this reason, I am afraid you will have to check back at this location in a few days' time to see if your galvanizing efforts have paid off. In the meantime, Happy 2006! (I will be spending mine under a blanket watching a "Star Trek" marathon. The burbs aren't all bad.)

7 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year, sullivan!
get better soon and please please please keep going
xoxo,
mon

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger huntsmanic said...

dude: get better soon. i am under way with the new year, struggling but trying ... of late, the hard part about falling in line is that i haven't been able to find said line, and, as such, have ended up just falling. so i'm trying to draw it as i go; it's not straight, but it's there. i'm falling into squiggle, let's say.

i've taken no mean comfort from your words and thoughts this past year, sully. :here's to hoping:

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

This is the first time that I have read your blog, but it is really good. You should keep going. I always wondered what it would be like to live in Boston, and this helps.

I hope that my blog can one day become as beloved as your own.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Casson said...

Sara,
Have you changed your mind yet about your blog? Sorry to be such a pest, but I think that your depiction of an electric chair is inaccurate. Really you are killing your blog with neglect. To make an analogy, that is like getting a puppy and giving it lots of love and introducing it to all your friends who in turn agree it is a unique, witty and entertaining puppy. Exactly one year later, on the puppies birthday, a cold January day, you chain it to a pole in your backyard, and let it die of exposure and lack of food and water while your friends hear about it from a distance and can't do anything about it. Really you should have a picture of a starving puppy. Probably a cute one.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger scs said...

Casson, you are too much. That heart-breaking puppy analogy really was below the belt. Although not entirely without merit. I am still deciding whether I am up to the task of full-time puppy care (a LOT of walking and frisking about) or whether I should let others continue the good work without me.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you see you're already doing it? Just keep going, SCS. You know you want to. You certainly know we want you to.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you? Post something! JQ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home