Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Outta Here

The time has come for that crucial annual Sullivan tradition called get the hell out of New England in March. This year's destination is California to visit the family, and I am leaving in a few minutes. So I thought I would say goodbye, because although I am definitely going to try, I can't promise that I will be posting from the OC. (I say it that way to show how ridiculous calling Orange County "the OC" is in real life. No one does it. Also, my family doesn't live in the OC.)

The internet situation at my family's house (dial-up, naturally) is sketchier than Bill O'Reilly with a new intern so I may write a whole post only to have the screen freeze up and kill it or, more likely still, I may find all the sites I need to visit blocked due to parental control spyware. Yes, that is very likely. I think they might have www.bbc.co.uk blocked over there.

If I do post, I'll be all hopped up on good California attitudes and sunshine so my posts will probably be unbearable anyway. We'll see how it goes. If I do post, things I am interested in writing about include: 1) going to the Garciaparras' for Easter (okay, it's a long shot but you never know) 2) how many times I go to In-N-Out and how good it is (haha lydia) and 3) really that's about it because, people: not a lot happens in the 'burbs.

In the meantime, try to survive without me and hang ten! (or something a little less '80s)

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger joyandpain said...

I have some very sad and upsetting news. People DO call it the OC here. Unabashedly. It's revolting. It's always some guy I barely know and I feel the need the disguise my disgust and just nod. Must change subject...

Oddly as a new vegetarian, I went to In-N-Out over the weekend. Fries and chocolate shake. :)

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grr. All I can say is that you'd better bring me back some See's candy since you can't very well bring back a fresh grilled cheese like i REALLY want you to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home