Tuesday, February 15, 2005

My Morning with Fox

I promised myself I wouldn't talk about the lipoma! Damn those ruthless journalists. They dragged it out of my somehow. Under the hot lights and my suddenly unfamiliar study, it all just came tumbling out. Ah well, I tried to be discreet ("small bump" I intoned, as opposed to "fatty benign tumor").

So it's good to be an expert for an hour. Two news-type-persons from Fox 25 showed up this morning toting enough equipment to fill up my little study in an instant. Curse my latent sexism for picturing a male cameraman! Both the camera operator and the reporter were women and super nice, as well as super quick to distance themselves from the questionable journalistic ethics of the Fox of yore. (something about a hidden camera in a hospital room??)

Last night I artfully arranged my dearest family pictures so they would show up in the background of my interview and cleaned several years worth of unidentified sticky substances off my computer monitor. Sadly, I forgot to clean my keyboard. Sadly because the camerawoman took several super close ups of my fingers typing on said keyboard where the tomato soup spatters stood out like a shot. Hey, this is real journalism, people, even if it's the zesty, creamy kind.

The "piece" (see my new journalism lingo!) is set to air on the ten o'clock news this Sunday night on Fox 25 for those of you in New England. They also interviewed an actual doctor for this story, which should provide a humorous "actual expert" versus gross amateur type scenario. Should be fun.

4 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger huntsmanic said...

ohmigod you are my MOST FAVORITE expert EVER. your name will soon be known throughout the region. and, shit: isn't being "expert" preferrable to being "employed," in lots of ways?

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger scs said...

absolutely no contest so much better.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger scs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger joyandpain said...

too funny to believe. use the tape to get an agent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home